Month two of the French Wardrobe challenge is complete! I did well this month and only bought one item, and it was an awesome necklace by Indulgems (seen in this post). So I still have 4 of my Five items up for grabs - wonder what they'll be. I'm considering using a gift card I won to buy these Ancient Greek Sandals because they mix my love of the brand with Harry Potter. Yes, I know the lightening bolt is representing Zeus, but who says it can't also be Harry.
Now, you might be saying - but what about all that Marshalls stuff you bought!? (Also seen in the post linked above) Well, since I have an ongoing relationship with Marshalls, those items won't count towards my challenge (or my five items.) Plus, 90% of it is bought with gift cards, I always end up going over my budget. For this latest challenge, the items I bought would have counted as basics anyhow, score!
- Just five standout pieces per season.
- Quality over quantity.
- Basics don’t count.
- Accessories don’t count, unless you’re spending a lot more than usual.
- Socks and underwear don’t count.
- Shoes do count.
Part of my Five:
- *new* Indulgems necklace via Gilt; had 20% off & free shipping. Been putting off buying one of their pieces for weeks, so I pulled the trigger on this one.
- Black Alexander Wang Draped wrap-effect jersey dress in The Outnet's Clearance Sale; too small
- *new* Mother Denim 'The Rascal' Crop Jean in white [Marshalls]
- *new* Equipment 'Mina Tie Front' Blouse in dark grey [Marshalls]
- *new* Solitare Top in navy [Marshalls]
- *new* Etienne Aigner Sunglasses[Marshalls]