I'm at the halfway point for the French Wardrobe Challenge. It is definitely a lot easier than I thought it would be, but still hard. I can still go shopping and not buy anything, it is only painful on certain occasions when I see something awesome but don't want it to be one of my "five" so I have to leave it. It also helps that I don't have to count items I buy for Marshalls Project Fab. But half of the items I have bought are basics so they wouldn't have counted anyway. I'm still a bit unsure if I made the right choice in buying this printed skirt, but I like it and it's fun so even if I only wear it a few times I guess it's worth it.
This was a good month for jewelry. I bought one House of Harlow necklace at a South Moon Under event, then one was in my goody bag and I won two others through their Instagram contest! How does it get any better than that? I was also bad and bought a pair of Phillip Lim boots, but they're a basic and were on super sale.
- Just five standout pieces per season.
- Quality over quantity.
- Basics don’t count.
- Accessories don’t count, unless you’re spending a lot more than usual.
- Socks and underwear don’t count.
- Shoes do count.
Part of my Five:
- Carven Paris Map Print Dress via Yoox
- *new* Alberto Makali skirt & vest set via Village Vogue Boutique
- Teal Keds Sneakers via DSW
- Current/Elliott ankle skinny jeans via The Outnet
- *new* 3.1 Phillip Lim 'Peggy' ankle boots via Barneys Warhouse (Memorial Day Sale)
- Indulgems necklace via Gilt
- *new* House of Harlow"Multi Arrowhead Necklace" via South Moon Under Trunk Show
- *new* House of Harlow "Blue Stingray Station Necklace" c/o South Moon Under
- *new* House of Harlow "Tribal Locket Necklace" [won from South Mon Under]
- *new* House of Harlow "Engraved Orb Pendant Necklace" [won from South Mon Under]
- Mother Denim 'The Rascal' Crop Jean in white [Marshalls]
- Equipment 'Mina Tie Front' Blouse in dark grey [Marshalls]
- Solitare Top in navy [Marshalls]
- Etienne Aigner Sunglasses [Marshalls]
- *new* rag & bone boyfriend shorts [Marshalls]
- *new* Mula sandals [Marshalls]
- *new* Soft Joie 'Craven' dress [Marshalls]
- *new* Cloth & Stone chambray bomber jacket [Marshalls]
- *new* Mother Denim 'The Looker' crop jean in True Hollywood Lies [Marshalls]