We are now well into Summer and if you haven't been on a trip to the beach yet I'm sure you have one planned! I will be heading to Aruba in a couple days and am looking forward to soaking up the sun! I've come up with my top 5 essentials for a beach vacation that you can see below; and be sure to check out Home Away's Best Beach Vacation Spots.
1. The Perfect Bathing Suit: You can't go to the beach without a bathing suit. Whether it's a bikini, tankini or one-piece make sure you feel confident! That's all that matters.
2. Silky Sunscreen: Who wants their skin to feel gross and oily in sunscreen? That's right, nobody! Make sure to pick up a sunscreen that will leave your skin feeling silky.
3. A Cute Coverup and Stylish Flip Flops: You'll want to go from the beach out to eat or shop so pack a cute sundress that will easily transition you from beach to bar. And some stylish sandals...not the $2.50 ones from Old Navy! (although I love those too)
4. Fancy Shades: I don't know about you but me + sun = squinting. That's not cute so I always have a sleek pair of sunglasses to protect my eyes. (But be careful of getting a sunglasses tan!)
5. A Big Bold Beach Blanket: Last but not least you'll need a fun blanket or towel to get your tan on or dry off after a dip in the water!
Are you taking any beach trips this year? First up for me is Aruba, and then the week after I'll be at my favorite beach in Rhode Island. But the latter is a working vacation, so beach in the morning work in the afternoon!
*I was not paid for this post but Home Away contacted me about creating an essentials list*