At the beginning of this March I knew we wouldn't be able to go due to coronavirus. I still held on to my reservations (dining, fast passes, even our special tours) until Disney cancelled them automatically because I needed that sliver of hope to get by. We were supposed to arrive at Disney early yesterday. Instead, we woke up in our own bed.
Even though we won't be at one of my favorite places, we are still going to make the best of everything. We have our health, as do our other family members & friends, and we know Disney will reopen eventually and we can go when it is safe to do so.
Back in the day I used to watch every Star Wars movie on May 4th. Now there are far too many so I pick & choose and do my best to get through them all! Since we're both still working we decided to start yesterday with the best films - the original trilogy. I also watched Rogue One on my own when Christian tired of the marathon. I will continue watching today while working (Christian works in another room.)
What Order to Watch the Movies InEveryone has an opinion on the best way to watch the Star Wars movies. You can watch them chronologically, release order, with TV shows included OR Machete Order which cuts out The Phantom Menace, which many deem unworthy. If I was having a first timer watch - and they have survived without spoilers this long - I would have them do it in almost release order. (Though I do enjoy Machete order, but I put in Phantom Menace)
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- flashback to Rogue One (the fandom is divided on this film, I love it.)
- flashback even further to Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- flash forward to Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (ugh...)
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- flashback to Solo: A Star Wars Story
What Else to Watch
- The Mandalorian on Disney+: Even if you aren't a Star Wars fan this series is amazing! The cinematography is breathtaking and the story is fun.
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: A documentary series on the making of The Mandalorian - it's brand new as of today! I have to wait until after work to watch the first episode with Christian. After today a new episode will be released each Friday.
- Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy: A documentary on the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: An animated TV show. I haven't watched this myself yet, I know...shame on me, but lots of friends recommend it!
Other Fun Activities
- Play Star Wars video games - there are plenty.
- Do a Star Wars puzzle
Star Wars Baked GoodsIf you like to bake, why not whip up a fun Star Wars treat!
- Blue Milk Pudding
- Chewie Chews & Blue Milk
- Ackbar Snackbar
- Yoda Pancakes
- Rey's Portion Bread
- More Official Star Wars Recipes
Forever 21 May the Force Be With You Pajama Top, Forever 21 Trust Me I'm a Jedi Pajama Pants, Sphero BB-8 (he can watch the movies with you and react!)