There's only so much isolation a girl can take before she shops online. I was doing so well at resisting the urge. But then at the end of last month I got an email from eBay. A seller offered me a discount on a sweater I'd been following for a while. For those of you that are longtime blog readers you'll remember when I DIYed a Burberry owl sweater. To this day I still have an eBay alert setup for "Burberry owl" because I couldn't get the real thing out of my mind. A month or two ago I found this one and followed it knowing I probably wouldn't buy it. Long story short - I bought it. See this post for more.
I also used my Shopbop partnership money for some purchases. I wanted a new pair of leggings for when I eventually get out hiking or walking (still holding out hope for our camping trip for the 4th of July, but I doubt that will happen due to mandatory quarantines upon entering Vermont.) I also ordered a cute pair of Madewell shorts on sale for $35 in a rusty pink since I just have denim and green/beige khaki shorts at the moment. Finished off the order with 3 of the same necklace - one for Mom for Mother's Day and then one for my sister and I so we could all match.
Another eBay purchase ended the month of excessive purchasing. I've been searching for a Stella McCartney cat print blouse for a friend and in the process I found these awesome leopard print jeans! I got the seller down to $80 and had some ad money to cover most of the purchase! Brand new with tags too!
THE (modified) RULES
- Be mindful of purchases
- Quality over quantity
- Basics are best
- FARM Rio Amazonian Ombre Mini Wrap Dress c/o Shopbop ($127.50, retail $170)
- *NEW!* Burberry beaded owl sweater via eBay ($75, retail $2950 in 2012)
- *NEW!* Stella McCartney Wild Cat Skinny Ankle Jeans via eBay ($15 after ad money, retail $735)
- J Brand 811 Mid Rise Skinny Leg Jean in Moral ($0 after $25 credit & ad money, retail $228)
- *NEW!* Madewell Camp Shorts in Faded Rosebud c/o Shopbop ($35, retail $50)
- Ancient Greek Sandals 'Clara' Sandal c/o Shopbop ($221.25, retail $295)
- Sperry Rio Aqua Slip-On Sneaker ($14.83 via DSW, retail $64.99)
- Ray Ban 'Erika' Sunglasses in Havana c/o Shopbop (retail $163)
- Madewell Medium Slim Saddle Bag c/o Shopbop ($118.50, retail $158)
- *NEW!* Shashi Princess Leia Necklace c/o Shopbop ($55)
- *NEW!* SPANX Look At Me Now Seamless Leggings in Indigo Leopard c/o Shopbop ($68)
Gifted from Brands:
- AUrate Pearl Studs in Rose Gold (retail $150)
- AUrate Medium Chain Bracelet in Rose Gold (retail $50)
Total spent in May: $90
Total spent in 2020: $104.83