I made it through the first month of the French Wardrobe challenge! I bought 4 things this month, one was returned, two were basics and then one was the 1st of my 5 items. Remember in my announcement post I mentioned the Carven Paris map print dress? Well...I finally found it on Yoox! It was still a bit of a splurge but I had been looking for it for so long so I think it was worth it. Here's my recap:
- Just five standout pieces per season.
- Quality over quantity.
- Basics don’t count.
- Accessories don’t count, unless you’re spending a lot more than usual.
- Socks and underwear don’t count.
- Shoes do count.
Part of my Five:
- Teal Keds Sneakers: $18 at DSW; I know they are teal, but that's still basic for me
- Current/Elliott Ankle Skinny Jeans: $80 via The Outnet; was still hunting for the perfect pair to replace my beloved Free People skinnies. These are it!
- Black Alexander Wang Draped wrap-effect jersey dress: $96 in The Outnet's Clearance Sale; too small