Also, if you recall, back in May I went to NYC for the Grand Opening of a new Marshalls store and after that I headed to one of Roundabout's New York locations. I tried on a GORGEOUS Jason Wu dress that I wanted since 2011. Sadly it was too expensive so I left it. BUT a couple weeks ago I went to my local Roundabout for the last day of their Summer Blowout Sale and, as if it were fate, there was the Jason Wu dress! No one bought it in NY so they shipped it over to my store and I got it for $136. It was originally $1995, their original price was $429. With the sale it was an additional 65% off AND ANOTHER 20% off! I also got a black Jason Wu shirtdress for $80, retail $990.
But, I was also really bad and bought a pair of Chanel flats on eBay. In my defense, I had been following them for MONTHS and the seller put them on sale and eBay was offering 4X eBay Bucks, so I made $40 back buying them...justifiable? I hope so! They are also a really cool texture and my favorite colors: burgundy and purple! They haven't arrived yet, so no photo except this.
While I did really enjoy the challenge I think I'm going to go a different direction for the next 6 months. I'm still going to try to only buy basic items but I'm not going to be soooo strict about non-basics. I'll probably try to stick to a specific color palette so I don't go crazy with statement pieces, or maybe instead of 5 I'll do 7.
- Just five standout pieces per season.
- Quality over quantity.
- Basics don’t count.
- Accessories don’t count, unless you’re spending a lot more than usual.
- Socks and underwear don’t count.
- Shoes do count.
Part of my Five:
- Carven Paris Map Print Dress via Yoox
- Carven Printed Skirt via Net-a-Porter End of Season Sale
- Ancient Greek Sandals 'Astrapi' via Net-a-Porter [used H&R Block Emerald Card I won]
- Burberry London leopard print dress via Roundabout Resale; $194, retail $995
- *NEW!* Jason Wu Okal animal-print silk-chiffon dress via Roundabout Resale; $136, retail $1995
- Teal Keds Sneakers via DSW
- Current/Elliott ankle skinny jeans via The Outnet
- Franco Sarto sandals via DSW clearance sale
- Cashmere sweater via Roundabout Resale
- *NEW!* Jason Wu black shirt dress via Roundabout Resale; $80, retail $990
- *NEW!* Chanel ballet flats via eBay
- *NEW!* Free People skinny jeans via eBay
- Indulgems necklace via Gilt
- House of Harlow"Multi Arrowhead Necklace" via South Moon Under Trunk Show
- House of Harlow "Blue Stingray Station Necklace" c/o South Moon Under
- House of Harlow "Tribal Locket Necklace" [won from South Moon Under]
- House of Harlow "Engraved Orb Pendant Necklace" [won from South Moon Under]
- Bubu Ruby Lightening bolt necklace
- Bubu Ruby Amethyst necklace
- Bijou Limon Number necklace
- *NEW!* Marc by Marc Jacobs Henry Dinky Watch via Gilt
Exempt: Not counting any items I got from brands or bought for Marshalls Project FAB (bought with a gift card)
- Mother Denim 'The Rascal' Crop Jean in white [Marshalls]
- Equipment 'Mina Tie Front' Blouse in dark grey [Marshalls]
- Solitare Top in navy [Marshalls]
- Etienne Aigner Sunglasses [Marshalls]
- Cynthia Rowley Top [Marshalls]
- rag & bone boyfriend shorts [Marshalls]
- Malu sandals [Marshalls]
- Cloth & Stone chambray bomber jacket [Marshalls]
- Mother Denim 'The Looker' crop jean in True Hollywood Lies [Marshalls]
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Blouse [ThredUp]
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Tank Top [ThredUp]
- Elementz Dress [ThredUp]
- Sam Edelman Sandals [ThredUp]
- Studio 1 Blouse [ThredUp]
- Free People Top [ThredUp]
- *NEW!* Marc by Marc Jacobs Aurora Wrap Around Cut-Out Swimsuit via Gilt [not counting since it's a swimsuit]
Winter Items: I'm still trying to limit these types of purchases, but I can't resist a good deal!